[obspy-users] QuakeML catalog import: XML namespaces that qualify for .extra mechanism

Tobias Megies megies at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Sep 26 16:06:25 CEST 2019

Hi Fabian,

I see the problem, I'd class it a bug. Writing works fine but during
reading they seem to get left out. I've opened a ticket on github to
track this.

https://github.com/obspy/obspy/issues/2466

Any reason to not just read any namespaces, even the native ones of the
document back into extra? I don't see how the schema wouldn't allow
having e.g. http://quakeml.org/xmlns/quakeml/1.2 elements as custom
ones, even though that really might not be intended usage of the standard.

best,
Tobias