[obspy-users] quicker loading of obspy module

Peter Schmidt peter.schmidt at geo.uu.se
Tue May 28 10:05:44 CEST 2019

Hi

Perhaps this has already been asked, but I fail to find the
question/answer so I'll go ahead and ask here

ObsPy is really a great module and I use it frequently. However, over
the years the project has grown enormously and currently loading the
module may take several seconds if on a slow machine.

Now running a script that uses obspy once, this may not be a major issue
but if the same script is to be called several times the overhead
quickly builds up.

Thus, my question is simply if there is a way to speed up the loading of
the obspy module or submodules?

Best \p

Peter Schmidt                                      Tel: +46-18-4712259
Swedish National Seismic Network (SNSN)         Mobile: +46-73-3190975
Dept. of Earth Sciences:geophysics              e-mail: peter.schmidt at geo.uu.se
Uppsala University
Villavagen 16
SE-75236 Uppsala

När du har kontakt med oss på Uppsala universitet med e-post så innebär det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur vi gör det kan du läsa här: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/data-protection-policy