[obspy-users] get_response neglecting station start/enddate in Inventory

IGM Geophysik info at igm-geophysik.de
Fri May 3 13:22:48 CEST 2019

Dear ObsPy team,

I noticed a strange behaviour of get_response (used to generate response for PPSD):

-          I've created an inventory that includes several placement of the same instrument. Therefore, the Station Code remains unchanged; due to ease installation we did not change the Location code.

o   Seed-ID is XX.FBE1..HH[Z,N,E]

o   3 Placements, therefore 3 different station sections in the stationxml, each with a designated starttime and endtime. The time windows do not overlap.

-          When I read the stationxml and check with inv.get_channel_metadata things are fine and I receive a single response for a given date

o   inv.get_channel_metadata("XX.FBE1..HHZ",UTCDateTime("2019-02-06T00:00:00")

-          However get_response gives me a User Warning: Found more than one matching response

o   inv.get_response("XX.FBE1..HHZ",UTCDateTime("2019-02-06T00:00:00")

It appears as if get_response is neglecting the station startdate / station enddate in the inventory.

Attached is the stationxml.

Thanks a lot.

Steffen

Steffen Uhlmann
IGM Ingenieurgesellschaft für Geophysikalische Messtechnik mbH

Tel: 0049-7551-4077
Fax: 0049-7551-1623
e-mail: info at igm-geophysik.de<mailto:info at igm-geophysik.de>
Internet: www.igm-geophysik.de<http://www.igm-geophysik.de/>

Untere St. Leonhard Straße 16
88662 Überlingen
Germany

Vertreten durch den Geschäftsführer: Hans-Martin Schuler
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg i.Br. im Handelsregister B
HRB-Nr. 580588 Ust.-Ident.-Nr. DE 146964898