[obspy-users] ppsd.plot() stagnant

Januka Attanayake jattanayake at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 08:12:55 CEST 2019

Hi All, I am trying to save my ppsd.plot() by creating a handle as follows;

highfreq = 125lowfreq  = 0.01
ppsdfig = sta_ppsd.plot(period_lim=(1/highfreq, 1/lowfreq), show_mean=True,                         xaxis_frequency=True, cmap=pqlx, show=False)
My PPSD has 18,380 time segments. The above step, which I have isolated, appears to take an enormous amount of time. In several attempts I ran it for 5 - 6 hours and yet it didn't finish. Isn't this unusual? Is there a way to speed up this process? If I disrupt the kernel, I get a figure in the Markdown, which means that the figure is being created in the above step.
The reason I need this step is because I create custom figures in the next ones as follows;
ppsdfig.set_size_inches(6,6)ppsdfig.savefig('tt.png', bbox_inches='tight', dpi=300)
The whole process works fine with a smaller number of time segments (e.g. for a day, 47)
Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
Januka

Januka Attanayake
Research Fellow | Earthquake Seismology
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/janukaattanayake

School of Earth Sciences | McCoy Bldg. 200
University of Melbourne | Parkville 3010 VIC
Australia