[obspy-users] Warning to read seismic data

Koymans, Mathijs (KNMI) mathijs.koymans at knmi.nl
Mon Jan 8 09:54:20 CET 2018

Hi Edwar, inside the fixed section of the mSEED header there is two bytes that specify the fraction of a second (0.0001) of the record starttime. In the mSEED manual it is defined that this value can be between 0 - 9999, so between 0 and 1 second respectively. However, in this file the value is almost 17000 and will be interpreted as 1.7 seconds by ObsPy and used in the record starttime.

https://github.com/obspy/obspy/pull/1531

Best,
Mathijs