[obspy-users] Headers not updated in SAC files

AYODEJI KUPONIYI ayodeji.kuponiyi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 23:22:47 CEST 2015

Hi all:

While reading and writing sac files with obspy, I encountered a similar
problem posted on the obspy forum in March 2014 (
http://lists.swapbytes.de/archives/obspy-users/2014-March/001306.html).

In my case, the sac headers are not updated on obspy and I could not write
to file the dist, az and baz computed in obspy. As a result, I manually
input the stlo, stla, evlo and evla, into the obspy file. However, after
writing the obspy mseed file in sac format, sac should automatically
calculate the distance header, but this is not happening.

As suggested in the response (
http://lists.swapbytes.de/archives/obspy-users/2014-March/001307.html), I
tried the 'wh' option in SAC but the DIST, AZ and BAZ still were not
computed, I am not sure if this is related to how obspy writes the output
sac file.

I would appreciate anyone's help.

Thank you,

Ayodeji