[obspy-users] obspy installation issues

Tobias Megies megies at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jun 11 18:13:14 CEST 2013

Hi Mike,

normally the installer should be able to find your compilers (esp. since
they are in default global locations). You could try to get a more
meaningful error message (the try/except in there might shadow the real
problem) by taking line 696 in setup.py (I assume you are installing
0.8.3) and remove the whole "while" block around it from 693-731 (and
shifting it to the same indent as 691).

I don't have a CentOS Box at hand right now, I could set one up if you
continue to have problems though (and nobody else can share experiences
from that distro).

best,
Tobias