[obspy-users] Release plans / back porting ?

Peter Danecek peter.danecek at bo.ingv.it
Tue Jun 4 18:19:41 CEST 2013

Hi Obspy friends,

I guess this is a questions mainly to the developers.

With my last install of ObsPy 0.8.3, I realised that the setup.py
script is not working anymore with my python 2.7.5 (MacPorts). I am
pretty sure, it was okay some time ago as I was able to install obspy.
However, new builds from scratch fail.

Well, in master the setup.py was replaces by a numpy.distutils based
version. So cited version became obsolete and I guess there is no
point in compiling an issue against it. Maybe I am work?

Is there any new release to be expected soon?

So what to do in the meanwhile?
Is there some strategy to do back porting in such a case?

Thanks!
~petr

---

Details on the problem:

This line from setup.py would fail:
from distutils.unixccompiler import UnixCCompiler,
_darwin_compiler_fixup

---

Python 2.7.5 (default, May 20 2013, 15:34:33)

?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.

In [1]: from dis_darwin_compiler_fixup
dis        distutils

In [1]: from distutils.unixccompiler import _darwin_compiler_fixup
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call
last)
<ipython-input-1-36d08d2dcc04> in <module>()
----> 1 from distutils.unixccompiler import _darwin_compiler_fixup

ImportError: cannot import name _darwin_compiler_fixup