[obspy-users] Question about PPSD output value by default (without using special_hanging parameter).

Tobias Megies megies at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Jun 25 12:00:39 CEST 2020

Basically, no matter what units your input data, the metadata should
correctly specify how to get to physical units from that starting point.

Usually raw data are in counts and the metadata specifies how to get
from counts to velocity in m/s or to acceleration in m/s**2 in case of
accelerometers.

If your data already is in e.g. velocity in m/s, you ideally should set
up a proper response, basically stating input and output units are both
m/s and that nothing has to be done, e.g. have a look at this ticket, to
get an idea what i mean:
https://github.com/obspy/obspy/issues/2408

hope it helps,
Tobias