[obspy-users] Question about PPSD output value by default (without using special_hanging parameter).

Gbehou Ange Amour Soupplian asoupplian at icloud.com
Wed Jun 24 20:00:34 CEST 2020

Hello,

I would like to analyse ambient noise from different instruments (Geophone, BroadBand, accelerometer..) by using ObsPy's PPSD. It is therefore necessary for me to have the same unit for the PSD estimation in order to compare them (from different instruments).

For example if my raw data are in velocity (geophone sensor), does ppsd estimation automatically convert it into acceleration, as it shows [(m/s²)²/Hz] [db] when we plot ? Then what if raw data are in acceleration (accelerometer sensor)?

Best regards.
Ange SOUPPLIAN.

Sent from my iPhone