[obspy-users] using obspy for f-k filtering?

Itzel Isunza Manrique iisunza at uliege.be
Wed Mar 6 23:53:18 CET 2019

Hello all,

Maybe a very basic question but…I’ve just started to look at some functions of obspy and I’m wondering if it is suitable for seismic refraction/reflection surveys processing… I have refraction and reflection data in seg2 files (using an array of 48 geophones) and I would like to apply for example a f-k filter.
Now I can plot a record section with the 48 traces in time domain and I can plot the spectrogram but from each trace individually. Is there already a function to visualize the 48 traces together in a spectral domain? And maybe a way to visualize the f-k plot of all the traces, somewhere in the middle of the beamforming process of obspy?

Many thanks for your help,

Itzel