[obspy-users] Problem reading inventory XML file

Dirk Rößler d-roessler at web.de
Wed Nov 14 08:01:17 CET 2018

Hi Topias and Yochai,

FAP responses were added to SC3ML in version 0.10. If your responses
actually do not rely on FAP responses, then you there are some work arounds:

1. Simply change the version number in the header of the XML file, e.g.
to 0.9.
2. Upload the XML file to SMP and export it from SMP to SC3ML. When
exporting you can choose the SC3ML version. Choose the one that ObsPy
can read, e.g. 0.9. Before exporting, do not forget to create a release
which is an additional QC feature in SMP.

Regards,
Dirk

[1] https://smp.gempa.de