[obspy-users] Problem reading inventory XML file

Tobias Megies megies at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Nov 12 14:06:30 CET 2018

Hi Yochai,

sorry, but it looks like nobody so far got round to finalizing read
support for some aspects of SC3ML inventories schema version 0.10. I
can't say how much is missing to get it working, you might want to
prod/ping the people working on it in these github tickets:

https://github.com/obspy/obspy/issues/2004
https://github.com/obspy/obspy/pull/2124

When I still try to read your file with the existing code base of obspy
(forcing it to read this new schema version), it hickups on a
"responseFAP" tag in your file, I guess that's an seiscomp3ML response
description not yet implemented in obspy.. (no idea if that was added
actually with schema 0.10 or if it's simply missing in our code).

In any case, you can reach out to the people that worked on our SC3ML
I/O by posting in the above github tickets.

best,
Tobias