[obspy-users] SAC / SeismicUnix questions

R Modrak rmodrak at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 00:19:23 CET 2017

Any suggestions regarding the following would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ryan

1) Does anyone know of any existing tools, in obspy or elsewhere, for
creating Origin/QuakeML/Station/StationXML objects by parsing SAC or
SeismicUnix metadata?

2) I'd like to read multiple SAC files into an obspy stream, perform data
processing, and write out the processed traces again as SAC files.  Any
suggestions on how to keep track of the original SAC filenames?   I could
simply add a  'sac_filename' attribute for each trace, but is there a
better/more standardized way?