[obspy-users] Arclink requests exceeded

Florian Fuchs florian.fuchs at univie.ac.at
Tue Mar 21 16:38:12 CET 2017

Dear all,

I am using a script built around the Arclink implementation to download
24h long data pieces for several stations from EIDA. Basically I run a
loop through a list of stations and a set of days for which I want the
data and for each station/day combination I execute the
.get_waveforms() function.

It generally works well, however, sometimes I run into the following
issue, which I do not fully understand:

error:
'max_status_requests () exceeded - breaking current request loop'

I am no expert on how the Arclink protocol works ... could please
someone explain the meaning of this error message? Does it mean the
"compiling" of the data for download on EIDA side takes too long? Do I
fire too many download requests in too short amount of time?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Florian Fuchs