[obspy-users] Polarities and amplitude ratios in Event class (Quakeml)

Peter Schmidt peter.schmidt at geo.uu.se
Mon Mar 13 08:37:21 CET 2017

Hi Christian

The Event class has an attribute "amplitudes" which takes a list of
obspy.core.event.magnitude.Amplitude class objects. The Amplitude class
then has an attribute "pick_id" which is used to associate the Amplitude
object with a Pick class object (by assigning a shallow copy of the
obspy.core.base.ResourceIdentifier, assigned to Pick.resource_id, to
Amplitude.pick_id). For an overview of the classes have a look at the
pdf I attached to a post in the thread started by Hicks S.P. 24/2,
"Creating an event catalogue"

regP

On 12/03/17 00:06, Christian Baillard wrote:
> Dear obspy users,
>
> I would like to what would be the best approach to store P, Sv and Sh
> amplitudes into an Event class for further analysis of focal mechanisms.
> For polarity, I can associate it to a phase in a "Pick" class. But how
> and where can I/should I associate an amplitude associated to a phase
> (P or S) following QuakeMl nomenclature , in a "amplitude" class? Do I
> need to create a new class?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ch.

Peter Schmidt                                      Tel: +46-18-4712259
Swedish National Seismic Network (SNSN)         Mobile: +46-73-3190975
Dept. of Earth Sciences:geophysics              e-mail: peter.schmidt at geo.uu.se
Uppsala University
Villavagen 16
SE-75236 Uppsala