[obspy-users] problems reading in *SRM files

Eva Eibl eva.eibl at ucdconnect.ie
Fri Feb 24 16:45:02 CET 2017

Hi Jon,

thanks for your help. I tried to collect a bit of information that might be
relevant. The srm files are Binary (application/octet-stream) and contains
data of 4 seismic instruments arranged in 4 columns and 10 mio rows.

In the wve file I find the following information:
"Number of channels : 4
Channels acquired : 0; 1; 2; 3;
Volt range (V): 5.00
Sampling rate (Hz) : 10000000
Master : rct-uop-090414
Waveform Format : 1
Bit Range : 16
End Byte : 4781506560
Start DateTime : 19052015 115244.186
End DateTime : 19052015 115343.955"

The command 'stat' gives me the following information about the srm file:
"File: ‘rct-uop-180113.NT4.00032.srm’
Size: 796917760     Blocks: 1556488    IO Block: 4096   regular file
Device: 800h/2048d    Inode: 75497599    Links: 1
Access: (0600/-rw-------)  Uid: (14096/  evagib)   Gid: ( 1600/     geo)"

I can try and extract more information if this is not sufficient.
Thanks,
Eva