[obspy-users] Creating an event catalogue

Hicks S.P. s.hicks at soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 24 17:01:32 CET 2017

Hi all

I’m running an automatic picker on some continuous data (day files).

I want to analyse these picks using obspyck. To do this, I need to create a QuakeML file of an ‘event’ containing all the picks for a particular set of day file traces.

I’m familiar with obtaining event catalogues from repositories, but how do I go about create an event catalogue from scratch myself in Obspy? I’m looking to create a catalogue for a single event with many picks.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Dr. Stephen Hicks
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Passive Source Seismology
University of Southampton

T +44 (0)23 8059 9082 (ext: 29239)  M +44 7718 286506 / +44 7775 694766
E s.hicks at soton.ac.uk<mailto:s.hicks at soton.ac.uk>   Twitter @seismo_steve<http://www.twitter.com/seismo_steve>
W UoS profile<http://www.southampton.ac.uk/oes/about/staff/sphr1r17.page>

Room 786/14
Ocean and Earth Science, National Oceanography Centre Southampton