[obspy-users] Retrieve basic information from velocity models

John - Robert Scholz john.robert.scholz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 21:08:34 CET 2017

Hi coders,

Is there an easy way to retrieve basic information from the velocity models
that get shipped with Obspy?

For example, for certain depths, I'd like to get the densities of the PREM
model. Obviously, I could download the model by hand and write a function
that retrieves the wanted information (this is what I did).

I was just wondering, is there a beautiful Obspy solution? I was only able
to find travel and arrival time classes/functions.

Cheers!
John