[obspy-users] Merge two events in one with control on preferred_*

Lion Krischer krischer at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 6 09:59:06 CEST 2017

Hi Fred,

this is a bit of a special use case so I am not sure that there is a
proper way to do it. In any case - your code is basically correct -
don't use the update() method.

Note that you don't have to loop to add all origins of event 2 to event 1:

>>> ev1.origins.extend(ev2.origins)

and instead of directly copying the preferred origin id you could also
manually pick the preferred origin:

>>> ev1.preferred_origin_id = ev1.origins[-1].resource_id

If you have any ideas on how to make this easier or more intuitive let
us know. I think this is just a consequence of the fairly complex data
model of ObsPy which is modelled after QuakeML.

Cheers!

Lion