[obspy-users] Advanced triggering and events detection

Lion Krischer krischer at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Jan 23 01:37:21 CET 2015

Hi Stephen,

​The network coincidence trigger is a good way to start, sure, but I have come across some segfaults arising from internal methods from ObsPy (the coincidenceTrigger() method somehow seems not to like some of the streams) and consequently, I had to reduce the number of channels on which the algorithms should be working.

The best way forward is to just fix the issue that causes the segfault. Could you come up with a minimal example that exhibits the behaviour and send it us? Preferably in the form of a GitHub issue: https://github.com/obspy/obspy/issues/new

It might also be worth to try the latest ObsPy version on GitHub - maybe the problem has already been fixed.

All the best!

Lion