[obspy-users] problems with seedlinklistener (Peter Schmidt)

Peter Schmidt peter.schmidt at geo.uu.se
Wed Dec 2 17:50:08 CET 2015

Hi Anthony

That far I have understood things from looking under the hood of obspy,
but clearly there seems to be no problems re-trying to read streams from
the socket (hence the connection is not properly closed), or
alternatively simply reconnecting to the server, thus my question what
would be the proper way to handle the problem as it obviously exists.

E.g. if re-connecting as done in the solution in my second post should I
also try to make sure the socket is properly closed from my side or is
this handled by SLClient automatically, or if simply continuing to
attempt reading (using the collect() method) streams from the socket how
to handle the gaps in the data that arises?

Haven't seen the behavior from some other stream and until today this
stream were did not cause any problems either

Haven't tried some other network but can do so tonight from home.

regP

On 02/12/15 17:29, Anthony Lomax wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> SLPacket.SLTERMINATE is an internal "flag" in the seedlink code to
> indicate that a termination request was received due to some
> "abnormal" state, or that the "end of buffer or selected time window"
> was reached.  So it may be that there is something wrong with the
> packets or connection for GE.SLIT..HHZ.  Do you see this behavior for
> other streams?  Do you see this behavior when you are on a different
> Internet/network connection?
>
> Anthony
>

> --
> Sent from my iClayTablet

> *Anthony Lomax*
> *161 Allée du Micocoulier, 06370 Mouans-Sartoux, France*
> *tel: +33 (0)4 93 75 25 02 e-mail: anthony at alomax.net
> <mailto:anthony at alomax.net> web: http://www.alomax.net
> <http://www.alomax.net/> *
>
> *Twitter: * *@ALomaxNet <http://twitter.com/ALomaxNet>*
> *Science & Special Topics: * *http://www.alomax.net/science*
> *Software: * *http://www.alomax.net/software* *- updates: *
> *https://twitter.com/ALomaxNet*

Peter Schmidt                                      Tel: +46-18-4712259
Swedish National Seismological Network (SNSN)   Mobile: +46-73-3190975
Dept. of Earth Sciences:geophysics              e-mail: peter.schmidt at geo.uu.se
Uppsala University
Villavagen 16
SE-75236 Uppsala