[obspy-users] Reading stationxml inventory "Sender" error

Peter Danecek peter.danecek at ingv.it
Tue Dec 1 19:13:29 CET 2015

Hi Christian,

the file you are trying to read is *not* what is called the “stationXML: format. I think the file you are trying to read is called “inventory XML” (or something like that)  and used with SeisComP. There might be some way to convert the file within the SeisComP system.

Why you do not just use GFZ’s FDSN station service to get a valid stationXML file? This file you downloaded should be the upstream source for their FDSN service, but you get the conversion a no extra costs or effort.

Good luck!
~petr