[obspy-users] Obspy problem

Triantafyllis Nikolaos triantafyl at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Apr 14 14:15:50 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-14 14:19, Ahu Komec Mutlu wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have python 2.7 on Fedora18 on linux. It gives an error message as
> follows.
>
> [komec at komec OBSPY]# python
> Python 2.7.6 (default, Feb 20 2014, 14:57:16)
> [GCC 4.7.2 20121109 (Red Hat 4.7.2-8)] on linux2
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named obspy.core
>>>>

> Does any one have any idea with that problem.
> I appreciate for any help.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>

> PS:
> I installed obspy with easy_install
>
> [komec at komec OBSPY]# easy_install obspy
> Searching for obspy
> Best match: obspy 0.8.3
> Processing obspy-0.8.3-py2.7.egg
> obspy 0.8.3 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
> Installing obspy-mseed-recordanalyzer script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-scan script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-dataless2xseed script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-reftek-rescue script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-xseed2dataless script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-indexer script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-runtests script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-dataless2resp script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-plot script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-flinn-engdahl script to /usr/bin
> Installing obspy-mopad script to /usr/bin
>
> Using /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/obspy-0.8.3-py2.7.egg
> Processing dependencies for obspy
> Finished processing dependencies for obspy

Hi Ahu Komec Mutlu,

Probably got something wrong with the installation.

Did you follow the installation instructions here?
https://github.com/obspy/obspy/wiki/Installation-on-Linux-via-PyPI

Firstly, dependencies need to be installed and
secondly the command "easy_install -U distribute" need to be run as
described in the above link.

Best Regards,

--
Nikolaos Triantafyllis