[obspy-users] sp.PAZ

Anne Deschamps deschamps at geoazur.unice.fr
Thu Apr 12 18:58:27 CEST 2012

Hi

I notice some error in the processing this dataless file with obspy
which seems correct using rdseed.
 From what I have noticed sp.PAZ obspy routine cannot read correctly
dataless files in which there is some filtering stage between the sensor
stage (1) and the digitizer stage.
we get :
   File
"/linux02/lyoncaen/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/obspy.xseed-0.5.2-py2.6.egg/obspy/xseed/parser.py",
line 447, in getPAZ
     zip(resp.real_pole, resp.imaginary_pole)]
TypeError: zip argument #1 must support iteration

In our case we have a constant factor gain amplification of the analog
signal, which of course can be set within the digitizer constant or the
sensor constant, but the description of the instrumentation is less
relevant and our tool to built the dataless not usefull.

I have noticed the same problem in processing the response were a high
pass filtering is applied before the digitization as in some
configurations of the taurus instruments.

Do you think to make a more complete version of sp.PAZ to help to
process the complete responses dataless?

Anne Deschamps
--
Anne Deschamps
Géoazur/CNRS