[obspy-users] obspy vs py2exe

Robert Barsch barsch at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 9 11:37:03 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

I have no experience with py2exe at all, but here just some comment
witch might help:

ObsPy it self uses the concept of namespace packages - the package
"obspy" itself doesn't exists so either try only including

includes.append('obspy.core')
includes.append('obspy.signal')
includes.append('obspy.gse2')
includes.append('obspy.mseed')
includes.append('obspy.sac')

or if this is not working try  merging all needed packages into one big
package called obspy - make sure to merge the entry_points keywords in
the setup.py.

Good luck,
Robert

Am 09.08.2011 09:22, schrieb Thomas Lecocq:
> Dear,
>
> For what I can tell, it's really a problem with py2exe versus
> namespace packages.
>
> Would it be possible to put all obspy folders together and get a
> working package, something like :
>
> /obspy/
> /obspy/__init__.py
> /obspy/core
> /obspy/gse2
> /obspy/mseed
>
> ??
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas
>
> Le 08/08/2011 17:50, Thomas Lecocq a écrit :
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I'm struggling to have my project building correctly using py2exe
>> because of the obspy namespace. I usually do the following :
>>
>> includes.append('scipy')
>> includes.append('xml')
>> includes.append('xml.etree')
>> includes.append('xml.etree.*')
>>
>> etc...
>>
>> so, for obspy :
>>
>> includes.append('obspy')
>> includes.append('obspy.*')
>> includes.append('obspy.core')
>> includes.append('obspy.signal')
>> includes.append('obspy.gse2')
>> includes.append('obspy.mseed')
>> includes.append('obspy.sac')
>>
>> But the setup script can't find the packages. I installed them using
>> easy_install. Is it an *.egg/ related problem ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thom

Dr. rer.-nat. Robert Barsch
Geophysik