[obspy-announcements] ObsPy 1.0.1
krischer at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Sat Mar 26 21:23:22 CET 2016
Dear ObsPy Community,
we released ObsPy 1.0.1, the first bug fix release in the 1.0 release
cycle. It does not change functionality or API but fixes several bugs
and inconsistent behavior in ObsPy 1.0.0, most notably fixing decryption
of data from requests on restricted data via ArcLink and some bugs when
working with SAC headers in the rewritten SAC module.
We strongly recommend all users to upgrade through one of the usual
channels. Packages are available on PyPI (all platforms), for (Ana)conda
(all platforms), for Debian/Ubuntu, for Fedora/CentOS, on MacPorts, and
As always, please report any issues and see the full changelog at the
end of this email for details.
All the best and thanks to everyone involved!
The ObsPy Development Team
1.0.1: (doi: 10.5281/zenodo.48254)
* Some methods might have unnecessarily upcasted float32 arrays to
Now methods for which it makes sense and which don't lose accuracy
don't upcast float32 arrays. Integers are still upcasted.
Trace.resample() will also no longer return the original dtype which
might have resulted in a large loss of accuracy but it now always
returns float64 arrays. (see #1302)
* Trace.normalize() does no longer divide by zero in case an all-zeros
data trace is being used. (see #1343)
* Inventory.select() and consorts now behave as expected even with
empty child elements. (see #1126, #1348)
* Code formatting is no longer checked for clean release versions. Thus
updates to the linters no longer break the tests for releases.
* remove_response(..., pre_file=None, plot=True) works again.
* Restored ArcLink encryption support. (see #1352, #1347)
* Local URLs are now recognized as valid URLs. (see #1309)
* Some bug fixes for the mass downloader. (see #1293, #1304)
* The NOA node has been added to the list of known nodes.
* More automatic merging of SAC and ObsPy headers. The new
`obspy.io.sac` modules thus behaves more like the old one and more
in line with expectations of users. (see #1285)
* No more out of bounds errors when assigning coordinates. (see #1300)
* The evdp header can be set again. (see #1345)
* Correctly propagating sampling rate changes to the SAC headers.
* Always set nvhdr, leven, lovrok, iftype to ensure valid SAC files.
* The Parser.get_paz() method now works with multiple blockette 53s.
* Fixed wrong azimuth direction for paths > 180 degrees distance
* Azimuth is appended to arrivals as well (see #1289)
* Fixed issue with taup cache function on Python 2.7. (see #1308)
More information about the obspy-announcements